- Preheat oven to 375˚F.
- In a large bowl add shortening, brown sugar, white sugar and molasses. Use an electric mixer to cream until smooth (about 2 minutes)
- Add 2 eggs and 2 teaspoons of vanilla. Beat again for 1 minute, using a spatula to scrape down sides
- Fold in flour, baking powder and salt until smooth. Don’t overbeat
- Fold in giant chocolate chips
- On a baking sheet with parchment paper on top, use a ¼ cup ice cream scoop to scoop out dough, add an additional scoop on top (every cookie should be ½ cup of dough total. Don’t press down the dough, leave it nice and high – this is important for a gooey cookie. Make sure there is at least 4 inches between cookies.
- Bake at 375˚F for 10 minutes* and then 350˚F for 14 to 16 minutes until firm on outside.
*a high temp at the beginning gives the cookie a nice sear on the outside, so it won’t lose its shape and become too flat. Lowering the oven then cooks the inside*
Pairs well with Pumpkin Spice Lattes, Hot Apple Cider and fuels any Fall Activity