Preheat oven to 350° F. Prepare a Bundt pan by spraying with cooking spray, then coating with flour and shaking out the excess – or, to avoid two steps, try out our Baker’s Joy® Non-Stick Baking Spray!
- Combine brown sugar, flour and butter.
- Mix by hand until well blended; stir in chocolate chips and set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, combine the milk, eggs and shortening; mix until blended.
- Add the liquid mixture to the dry mixture and stir by hand until just barely blended.
- Add chocolate chips and fold into the batter.
- Dollop 1/2 of the cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Evenly distribute the filling over the cake batter. Top with remaining cake batter, spreading out evenly.
- Bake at 350° F for 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then invert onto a cutting board or serving platter. Top with Glaze.
- Combine the butter, powdered sugar, milk, vanilla and salt in a medium bowl.